In this article you will learn how to replace the mainboard
The mainboard is the part that controls the movement and temperature of the printer. It holds the firmware of the printer.
This article will show how to replace the mainboard in case the fuse was unable to protect it from external damage.
1. Turn off and disconnect the printer.
2. Remove the extruder motors cover in the back of the printer by loosening the two thumbscrews.
3. Remove the lower bowdens from the FRS.
4. Remove the Z cable covers. Follow the next article to know the process:
5. To get access to the inner cover you will need to raise up the printer surface, if you can't turn on the printer, you will need to manually raise the printing platform by spinning the Z motor lead screw.
6. Remove the inner cover. Follow this guide to know how to do it:
7. Disconnect all the cables including all the flat cable connections and unscrew the 3 corners of the mainboard, be sure to keep the plastic loafers
8. Screw the new mainboard and reconnect all the flat cables.
LAST. Remember to check the flat cable connections before turn on the printer to prevent shortcircuits. Visit this article to get more information about this:
If replacing the mainboard doesn't fix your issue, please get in contact with the support team by filling this form: Support form.
Repair didn’t go as planned? Check out our forum community for troubleshooting help.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)