The flat cables connected to the print heads are in constant movement and with time it is possible that they need replacement because of the wear damage. If you have checked the cables and found that they are damaged, this article will help you replace them:
1. Raise the printing surface to the top (Utilities/Maintenance/Move printing Platform)
2. Turn off and unplug the printer.
3. Remove the Z cable cover and the inner cover, you can get more information about how to do it in the following articles:
4. Remove the connection cover and disconnect the flat cable from the extruder board.
|x2 M3 8mm|
5. Disconnect the flat cable from the mainboard.
6. Remove the ribbon cable from the printer and insert the new one by inserting it through the tacks.
Note: This cable should be positioned behind all other flat cables
7. Connect the ends of the flat cable to the extruder board and the mainboard.
It is extremely important once the change is made, to check that all the flat cables are correctly connected, during the process they are very likely to come loose from their position, this article has more information on how to do it: How to check the flat cable connections (Sigma Series)
If you have any more questions, check out our forum community for more information about models and materials.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart, you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
|Parts||Buy these parts|
|Flat cable Left hotend - Sigma Series FFC H0||SKU 16514|
|Flat cable Right hotend - Sigma Series FFC H1||SKU 16516|
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)