The flat cables connected to the X drivers are in constant movement and with time it is possible that they'll need replacement because of the wear damage.
This is an advanced repair article. This guide is designed to be performed with the authorization and assistance of the BCN3D support team or authorized distributors.
Without the necessary knowledge, you could cause damage to the printer during repair and invalidate the warranty.
If you have any questions or problems please contact the support team: contact form.
1. Turn off and disconnect the printer
3. Disconnect the flat cable from the X driver
- If your printer has the Driver with the flat cable clamp you will need to untighten the screws that close the clamp in order to remove the flat cable.
4. Remove the Z cable cover
5. Remove the inner cover
Check this article if you have any doubts. How to remove the inner cover (Epsilon Series)
6. Remove the flat cables from the clamps that hold it
7. Disconnect the flat cable from the mainboard and change it for a new one
- If the mainboard has flat cable clamps, you will need to untighten the screws that close the clamp of the X flat cable in order to remove it, as shown in the example below (the cable in the example doesn't correspond to the directions):
- Note: When installing the new flat cable, you should install it under the other flat cables inside the holding clamps.
8. Check that all the flat cables are well connected to the mainboard
Check this article to learn how. How to check the flat cable connections (Epsilon Series)
9. Repeat the process in the opposite order to install again the covers