Our mainboards have a removable fuse (0451012.MRL) that protects the mainboard from shortcircuits. Usually, if your printer doesn't heat both hotends and the bed, and the motors are not working wither, you will need to change the fuse. To check and change the fuse, follow the next steps:
1. Turn off and disconnect the printer.
2. Remove the extruder motors cover in the back of the printer by loosening the two thumbscrews.
3. Remove the lower bowdens from the FRS.
4. To get access to the bottom cover you will need to raise up the printer surface, if you can't turn on the printer, you will need to manually raise the printing platform by spinning the Z motor lead screw.
5. Remove the inner cover. Follow this guide to know how to do it:
6. The mainboard's fuse is located on the left side at the top of the mainboard. To remove it, pull out the fuse by levering it with a flat head screwdriver. If the fuse is damaged, replace it. The fuse doesn't have polarity, you can install it in any direction.
7. Remember to check the flat cable connections before turn on the printer to prevent shortcircuits. Visit this article to get more information about this:
If replacing the fuse doesn't fix your issue, please get in contact with the support team by filling this form: Support form.
Repair didn’t go as planned? Check out our forum community for troubleshooting help.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart, you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)