The next article will guide you on the process to package your BCN3D Sigmax.
An unofficial or bad packaging may not protect properly the printer during transport, the damage is expected and it will void the warranty.
If you don't have the official packaging or you need part of it, please get in contact with support to get a new one: email@example.com
Warning! The printer is heavy, two people are necessary to perform some steps from this guide. Make sure that the table where the printer is being installed, is close enough.
1. Unload the filament on both extruders, go to Utilities/Filament/Unload Filament. If you can't unload it, cut the filament and remove the spools. Remove the spool holders.
Note: If you are planning to send your printer to the BCN3D technical service it's not necessary to package the spools and the spool holders.
2. Insert the long foam between the bottom cover and bed; move the printing surface down (Options/Maintenance/Move Z axis) until the foam is snug, to prevent vibrations in the transport. Remove the upper bowdens.
3. Turn off and disconnect the printer.
4. Remove the printing surface and put it into the upper foam.
Note: If you are planning to send your printer to the BCN3D technical service it's not necessary to package the printing surface.
5. Cover the printer with a bag and place it inside the box, fit it with the bottom foams to prevent movement in the packaging.
6. Install the carriage foam, fit the printing heads in the foam slots, and block it with the upper foams to prevent the movement of the carriage.
7. Place the carton sheet and the upper foam over the printer.
8. Place the tool kit box and the component kit box over the upper foam, shrink the box and strap it.
Note: If the printer will be sent to our repair workshop, it is not necessary to package the SD card, the power cable, the tool and the component kit box.
BCN3D designs their packagings to protect the printer during the transport, please remember to retain the packaging.
Do you need more tips? Check out our forum community for more info about this.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan.
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)