If you have a mainboard with a wrong firmware for Epsilon, you will have to do a reset.
For the launch of the BCN3D Epsilon, BCN3D has redesigned and improved the mainboard. This version is fully compatible with previous models and has the same SKU: 10909
To reset the mainboard follow these steps:
1. Turn off and disconnect the printer.
2. Remove the extruder motors cover in the back of the printer by loosening the two thumbscrews.
3. Remove the lower bowdens from the FRS.
4. Remove the Z cable covers. Follow the next article to know the process:
5. To get access to the inner cover you will need to raise up the printer surface, if you can't turn on the printer, you will need to manually raise the printing platform by spinning the Z motor lead screw.
6. Remove the inner cover. Follow this guide to know how to do it:
7. Once you have access to the mainboard, disconnect the 24V connector.
8. Press the reset button while turning on the printer. Keep pressing until appears the message "flashing firmware" on the LCD:
9. Once it is finished, turn off the machine and re-connect the 24V cable.
If do not manage to reset the mainboard, please get in contact with the support team by filling this form: Support form.
Repair didn’t go as planned? Check out our forum community for troubleshooting help.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart, you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)