In this article you will find the knowhow needed to change the SD reader
- Revisar gramatica del primer call out y del artículo en general.
- Paso 3 indicar con un aviso que no es necesario retirar toda la Z cable cover, solo los dos paneles laterales que la conforman, no el superior. Por otro lado no es necesario retirar la inner cover, una vez retirados todos los tornillos, con levantarla será suficiente para acceder al modulo de la sd.
If you spot that the information of the file that you will print is not correct, it's bugged or the system asks you to insert an SD card eventhough you have one plugged in, you are experiencing SD reading issues. You will need to change the SD reader. follow the next steps to do it:
Note: Before changing the SD reader, make sure the SD card itself is not causing this to happen. Check if the card is unlocked and try to use another SD card to see this gets it fixed.
1. Raise the printing surface. To do it, go to Options/Maintenance/Move printing surface.
2. Turn off and disconnect the BCN3D Epsilon from its power supply.
3. To access the SD reader you'll have to remove the Z cable cover and the inner cover, follow the next articles to know how to do these processes:
4. Disconnect the SD reader cable. Pay attention on the cable connector orientation.
7. Place the new SD reader on the metal support and install it in the printer. You can do it by following the previous steps in reverse order.
Usually, the reading problems are caused by the SD card and in fewer cases by the SD card reader, if you are using a micro SD card adapter, check if it is okay and try to change it before changing the SD reader.
Is important that the SD card is formatted in FAT32 to ensure a correct reading process.
Repair didn't go as planned? Check out our forum community for more info about this
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart, you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)