This article will guide you on the process to package your BCN3D Epsilon
An unofficial or bad packaging may not protect properly the printer during transport, damage is expected and it will void the warranty.
If you don't have the official packaging or you need part of it, please get in contact with bcnd support to get a new one: email@example.com
In the following image, you will find all the necessary to package the Epsilon Series printers.
|4||Spool Boxes - 2x PLA|
|5||Glass Printing Surface Pack|
|9||Printing Surface Foam|
|11||Printing Head Foam|
|13||Top Right - Left Foam|
|14||Top Box Foam|
|15||Documentation (QSG - Warranty - Welcome card - Filaments & Maintenance)|
|19||Top Box Cover|
Warning! The printer is heavy, two people are necessary to perform some steps from this guide. Make sure that the table where the printer is being installed is close enough.
1. Unload the filament on both extruders (Utilities/Filament/Unload Filament). If you can't unload it, cut the filament and remove the spools. Remove the spool holders too.
Note: If you are planning to send your printer to the BCN3D technical service it's not necessary to package the spools and the spool holders.
2. Insert the long foam between the bottom cover and bed; move the printing surface down (Options/Maintenance/Move printing surface) until the foam is snug, to prevent vibrations in the transport.
3. Place the box over the pallet, install the bottom foam in the box, and insert the corner foams. There's a corner foam that's different: It is thinner than the rest, it protects the printer's screen. All corner foams have two marks that fit with the marks in the box to indicate the correct orientation.
4. Remove the printing surface and put it onto the bottom foam.
Note: If you are planning to send your printer to the BCN3D technical service it's not necessary to package the printing surface
5. Turn off and disconnect the printer.
6. Push the X-axis towards the back of the printer. Move the printing heads to the left side of the X-axis and install the carriage foams #11 between the printing heads and the Y transmission bar.
7. Close the door and secure it with tape.
8. Place the plastic bag on the box, insert the printer inside the bag, and fit it on the corner foams #7.
9. Insert the top foams #13 over the printer, and cover it with the upper box.
10. Put the tool kit box and the accessories kit box on the top box.
Note: If you are planning to send your printer to the BCN3D technical service it's not necessary to package the SD card, the power cable, the tool and the component kit box.
11. Place the top box over the Epsilon Series box, wrap all boxes and strap them. If you don't have straps to complete the packaging, you can get in touch with BCN3D or your reseller to buy new straps: SKU 10050.
BCN3D designs their packagings to protect the printer during the transport, please remember to retain the packaging.
Do you need more tips? Check out our forum community for more info about this.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done. Maintenance Plan.
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)