The firmware is the brain of the printer that allows it to move in response to our inputs via the LCD
At BCN3D we want you to have a great printing experience, and to achieve this we are continually working to create new firmware upgrades for our printers.
Our recommendation is to always use the OTA update. This is the most effective way to update the software. To do this it is essential to have the printer connected to the Internet. You will be notified on your screen when a new firmware version is available, and you'll just have to click to install it.
You can also download the changelog for the latest firmware version.
Update firmware through the internet:
If your printer is connected to the internet, a pop-up message will appear when a new update is available.
1. To update the latest firmware version click the option "yes"
2. Wait for the update process to be completed. Follow the instructions on the LCD until the update process is completed.
Update your printer through SD Card:
If your printer is offline you can also update the firmware manually following these instructions:
2. Copy the downloaded file to the root folder of your SD card.
3. Insert the SD card into the printer and turn it on.
4. An update notification with the new firmware version will appear. To start the update press Yes.
5. Wait for the update process to be completed. Follow the instructions on the LCD until the update process is completed.
If you come across an error while updating, get in contact with support: Contact us.
The update didn’t go as planned? Check out our forum community for troubleshooting help.
It's important to keep your printer in good shape to make the most out of it. In this chart, you can find a list of the extruder maintenance procedures and how frequently these should be done.
Take your e-waste to a certified recycler. Check how we do it in BCN3D.
You can help improve the BCN3D Knowledge Base.
If you feel there are guides that we are missing or you found any error, please use this form to report it. Report form :)